Sunday, July 12, 2009

RM50 Cash Prize Winning Picture

10:40am this morning, while i am having a deep sleep in my room, suddenly my mum knock my room door and "pull" me out from my dreamland. She was holding today The Star Newspaper and tell me that my sis n i had won RM50 from The Star Thumbnail. I was kinda blur blur that time and i take one minute to "wake up". I read the page and i saw our picture is in the newspaper and we are the RM50 Winner...wow.. ( I am the one who holds the camera and my sis send in the entry to The Star) Although i had won RM25 (RM50 divide by two) i feel happy because this is the first time i won a cash prize..haha..it is a good start for me..haha..

How i manage to take this pic?? The story begins.....Last Friday Evening(10-07-09), i went to KLCC with my coursemate and i take a LRT back to my sis office there so she can pick me home from her workplace in Menara TM. While we on the way to the Taman Desa Junction, there was a traffic jam on the junction and we keep on thinking ... How come Jam d ?? The car really moving so so so so slow and we are quite bored in the car. I had almost reach my house because the distance is just 1KM from my house from the Junction. Arghh.. then when we are getting nearer to the scene, we found that there are few Orange T-shirt guy sitting under the shade and a DBKL car was park on the road...our perception is that there might accident happen in front... but later out we found out a lampost had fallen on the ground . The cars need to squeeze from 4 lane to 1 lane... sure traffic jam la... I asked my sis whether wan to take a picture on it and she agrees too....haha...so i quickly took my camera out and take 2 picture on it....

But when i saw the caption of our picture ... it is totally different from what my sis think of... it is actually like that .....


The right side of the pic.. u can c a few DBKL ppl are sitting under the trees and looking at the lampost and cars squeeze from 4 lane to 1 lane... The centre of the pic.. u can see that one DBKL truck is parked there with a signage.


The lampost falled .. R.I.P. lampost...:)

We plan to use this picture because we saw that those ppl use this UNRELATED signage to aware the driver....



So my sis think of this caption : "A fallen lampost nearby my house is open for auction. The signage says it is open for registration. Anyone?"

But then The Star had changed the caption to this .....

Streetlamp named retire
Keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel – danger lurks where you least expect it.



But at least we won the RM50 cash prize..haha... wat a lucky day to me.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment